1. Will it crimp as well as the common long-handled crimpers?
Yes. The Pocket Crimper is designed and tested to meet the same ASTM
(American Society for Testing Materials) specification F-1807. See Test
2. What type PEX fittings/rings will it fit?
See (http://www.ppfahome.org/pex/faqpex.html). PEX is a standard
polyethylene tubing made to ASTM specifications F 876 and F877. All PEX
manufacturers adhere to these specs. Tubing is most commonly joined to
fittings with standard black copper rings by crimping. Manufacturers
include Zurn, Wirsbo, Vanguard, Rehau, Ipex, Qest, etc.
3. Can I crimp manifolds?
Yes. It will fit common manifolds with 2" spacing or better.
4. What material is it made from?
Crimpers are made from high-grade steel for high strength and
5. Do plumbers use this tool?
Yes. We sell to the plumbing industry. Main industrial use is for
convenience and tight locations.
6. Does it require adjustment like the long-handled type?
No. Unlike the conventional type, there are no small high wear pins to wear
and adjust for. The tool never needs adjusting.
7. Do I need to check with a go/no-go guage?
It is always a good idea to check your work and we recommend it. That said,
experience and test results indicate that following directions using a paper
check yields good crimps. Guage is included with the 3/8", 1/2", & 3/4" kit.
8. Will it fit polybutylene (poly-B) fittings?
Yes. These fittings use the same size crimp rings as PEX.
9. How do I know when the crimp is made?
When the tool is closed enough so that a piece of paper cannot be slid
between the jaws, it is completed. See directions.
10. Can I pay with a check or charge cards, and how long does it take to get
Yes. You may send a check or use a credit card on the website. We usually
ship within 24 hours priority mail (2-3 day delivery in the continental
U.S.). Canada often takes a day longer.
11. What if I don't like it or it doesn't fit or won't work? Can I return
Yes. We will promptly refund the full price of the unused tool, less shipping.
12. Do you ship internationally and what is the cost?
Yes. - Same price - $6.95 US.
13. Where is the tool manufactured?
It is manufactured in the U.S. We designed and
developed it, and hold patent rights.
14. Does it come with a guage and carrying pouch?
Yes, both come in the combination kit. The guage can check 3/8", 1/2", and 3/4" sizes.
15. I have not seen this tool before. What is your track record in the field?
We have sold well over twenty thousand tools to date. Response has been
16. Is it possible to squeeze too much when crimping?
No (within reason). After the jaws close, further squeezing has the effect of opening the crimp area.