1.To speed the crimping process, Channel Lock ® pliers may be used for initial rough closing.
2. Lubricate tool occasionally with light oil or wax.
3. A rubber band around the tool will hold it in place while crimping.
4. Vise Grips ® may be positioned at any angle for tight locations.
5. Placing the Vise Grips ® at 90 degrees, well into the jaws, will give the most leverage.
6. Ordinary pliers and small Vise Grips ® do not have sufficient mechanical advantage to make a crimp.
The greatest mechanical advantage occurs when the Vise Grips ® are almost closed.